The dental prosthesis or false teeth are medical treatments for people who are missing one or all of their teeth. These dentures are fitted into place using different strategies and materials. They can help you speak better and chew your food with ease along with giving you your smile back.As teeth are an important component…
Are There Different Types of Dentures?
Anyone considering getting dentures to replace part or all of their teeth needs to look into all of the options available today. They have come a long way, and there is no reason for anyone not to take advantage of all their choices. Here is a list of different types, and there is always one choice that fits someone a little better than another.
- Traditional replace all of your teeth. These are the most common option.
- Partials are for those who have only a few missing teeth and are made to fit around the teeth and attach to the gums.
- Customs are made from more expensive teeth and are more natural-looking.
- Immediate dentures are available the same day you have your teeth removed. These can be more expensive.
- Implant-supported dentures look natural, and they give excellent support. They are secured into the gums.
- Snap-ins are very stable, and they anchor onto existing teeth.
- Overdentures are removable and sit on top of the gums, and are held in place with implants.
- Uppers are used to replace the upper teeth. Uppers are a very common choice.
- Economy is the most cost-effective, but they don’t fit as securely, and they tend to look fake and need to be held in place with dental adhesive.
Do insurance plans cover them?
When it comes to insurance covering the cost, there is not a definite answer. Unfortunately, just like any other medical insurance procedure, your dentist needs to find out from your insurance company what they will cover.
You can review your dental coverage and call your insurance company and ask them what types they cover if there is a copay and what your total out-of-pocket expense will be.
Most dentists offer payment plans and several financing options to help you with your decision.
How do I decide which options are right for me?
The choices may seem overwhelming, but if you do your research and discuss all of your options with your dentist, you will be able to determine which choice is right for you.
You may want to base your decision on cost or maybe whether or not you want surgery. That’s another great point to make about this amazing solution, you can choose the ones that require no surgery, or you can go with a more invasive procedure. The choice is yours.
Find the option that works for you
Missing some or all of your teeth can sometimes diminish your confidence, and there is no reason to feel this way. Dentures were invented to help reclaim your smile and help your overall lifestyle.
There are a variety of options, as discussed above. Whether you want to help replace a few teeth or all of your teeth, your dentist will be able to help you determine the best choice for you.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dentures in Pomona, CA.
Dentures are an excellent replacement option for people who have lost a few or all of their teeth. The dentures process is simple, direct, and does not take long to complete. We can create dentures for your specific needs that look attractive when we place them in your mouth. Our dentures will provide function and…
Considering implant supported dentures? This popular treatment option combines two solutions that both work to replace missing teeth. While implant-supported dentures alone solve the problem of missing teeth, they also benefit oral health in ways that may not be so obvious. Continue reading to learn more about these benefits. Outlined below are a few ways that…
You should always replace missing teeth as soon as possible. Failing to do so can lead to dental complications like misaligned teeth, bone tissue loss and a smile you may no longer be proud of. Fortunately for those who have lost some of their real teeth, there are a handful of options when it comes…